Saturday, April 10, 2010

Unghhhh....

This week I am homesick. I am stressed out. I don't want to talk to anyone. And it still hurts a little every time I walk. It hurts because I fell out of a bus and sprained my ankle last Thursday. I don't want to talk to anyone, because the frequent mis-communications are starting to really bug me. I am stressed out due to my lack of physical mobility with the sprained ankle. I am homesick due to moving to the other side of the globe for two years.

That being said, I am thankful for the friends I do have here. I am thankful for the cheap (and legal) copy of Sherlock Holmes I have been watching. I am thankful for proper tea, audiobooks, and the guitar that I am learning to play.

I am thankful I can talk on skype to my family and friends at home (skype me at thatjuliegirl). I am thankful for the post card that my O. U. Improv!er Scott sent me in the mail. I am thankful for all the encouraging emails my support team has been sending me.

Also (and I never thought I would be saying this), I am thankful for McDonalds. I love going there, ordering an iced tea, and sitting on the third floor in a window seat. It has become the place I go to be American. Even though everyone around my is from HK, and even though I'm the only American in the place, it feels like a perfectly fine place to just sit and be American. I never go to McD's at home (or very rarely did), but it still identifies as American. That is the important part.

... Working on Sun-Tues, but have Wednesday and Thursday off. I hope to post a less stressed update then.

Please pray for me. My patience is wearing thinner and thinner as I get more stressed and homesick.

2 comments:

  1. <3 I love you, my Julie! I hope to write and send a letter to you soon! Keep your chin up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie I just wanted to let you know that you are missed. Yeaterday Shannon and I were at the Rec Center having our girl talks as we always do and were talking about how wonderful you are. I miss seeing you. You light up the room with cheerfulness and encouragement. Don't loose motivation, you are there on God's mission.

    Praying for you!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete