Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gourmet Discount Food

Feeling fairly gourmet at this particular moment. I just made myself a meal of steamed lobster dim sum and sweet chili rice. For me this is a big deal. O' Course this meal was primarily made from pre-assembled dim sum. :-) My favorite grocery store sells discount things just before they expire, so if you cook 'em quick, they're cheap and delicious. I'm still missing my "just microwave" style of cooking from home, but I'm learning to compensate. Plus- the fruit here in HK is absolutely delicious, and there is always something new to try.
Currently working on a bag of mangosteens. Mangosteens look like purple Bob-oms (from Mario games) on the outside, but are sweet on the inside. I'll try to post a picture of them for all my fellow Westerners. Definitely worth trying if you ever see 'em.

Things have picked up since I last wrote. Still homesick from time to time, but better for the most part. Besides it's all downhill from here! In two weeks, I'll see my family in Israel for a few days. Then my dad will visit the next weekend, then my school starts a little over a week after that. We'll be on the go until December! Then it is only a few short months 'til I'm visiting the USA! First year- done! Bam!

In current event news, please be praying for Thailand. Political demonstrations, riots, burning cities, looting, etc... I've got some friends in the area about whom I'm concerned.

That's it for the moment :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment