Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back in Hong Kong

Arrived in HK on Thursday night. It feels so good to be back!!
I'm getting turned around from the jet lag pretty quickly- it's always easier going from west-to-east than east-to-west with jet lag.

I'm living in an apartment above the main courtyard. We may get another housemate, but for now it is me and four other girls. My roommate is GoHoon from Korea. Some of you may remember that she was my roommate last time I was here too. She arrived back in HK the day before I did. Across the living room from us in Jen from Canada and Arianna from the USA. A lady named Ruth lives in the room across from them. My room is one of the bigger ones. We have two sets of bunk beds, so potentially we will have two more. I'm hoping that when Joelle arrives from Holland she will be in with us.

Today is Sunday morning. I am enjoying a lovely cup of Canadian tea. Jen brought me black tea with Vanilla and Maple syrup from Canada. It is delicious and smells like a full pancake breakfast. Mmmm Maple Syrup!


.... This is my problem with blogs. I never feel like I have anything significant to say. I could give a day by day break down, but that sounds a little boring. I could wax philosophic about some topic or another, but that sounds as pretentious as the phrase "wax philosophic."

For now I will conclude with this: I am back in Hong Kong. I am happy to be here and excited to get back into the swing of things.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Julie! I'm glad you made it to HK okay. I can't wait to hear about your Chinese adventures!

    ReplyDelete