Tuesday, March 16, 2010

4:46 AM

Can't sleep. Not tired either.

I am so blessed to be living and working with the amazing people here. I love people with stories, and it seems like a dynamic bunch of lives that have picked up and moved out here. It isn't even the moving itself that makes them interesting- it is the build up and twists and turns in their lives that lead them to where and who they are now. To hear the way faint in God has impacted some of my friends here is truly inspiring.

I want to be that kind of person, but somehow my life seems pretty non-extraordinary. Don't get me wrong: I love who I am. I just want to be even more. You only get a set amount of days on this planet, and I want to make them full. I want them to count for more than I have made them in the past.
"Father, I want to start a University where anyone can study regardless of their rank. Oh! And I've invited the gypsies to the ball."

Now that I'm off my soap box...
It's early. I can't sleep. I want to make a cup of black tea with forest fruit, but the kettle will probably awaken the housemate whom sleeps with the door open. As soon as people wake up, it is tea time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment